Cone Beam CT Imaging
CONE BEAM CT IMAGING
Our practice utilizes a state-of-the-art 3-D Cone Beam CAT Scan technology that provides the most accurate 3-D radiographic images for the diagnosis, planning and treatment of dental implant procedures. These three-dimensional images enable a level of treatment accuracy and patient care not possible with 2-D technologies.
KODAK 9000 3D scans are quick and simple to perform. A Cone Beam Imaging System is at the heart of the KODAK 9000 3D Scanner. During the scan, the patient stands stationary. The cone beams are used to take literally hundreds of pictures of the face. These pictures are used to compile an exact 3D image of the inner mechanisms of the face and jaw. Dr. Ramer is able to zoom in on specific areas and view them from alternate angles.
Benefits of having the Cone Beam CAT Scan technology in our office:
- Assesses the quality of the jawbone where the implant will be placed.
- Pinpoints the most effective placement for implants, including the angle of best fit.
- Determines where nerves are located.
- Measures the density of the jawbone where the implant will be placed.
- Plan the complete surgical procedure in advance, from start to finish.
- Precisely decide on the appropriate size and type of implants.
- View exact orientation and position of each tooth.
- View impacted teeth.
Previous patients report the KODAK 9000 3D Scanner is comfortable because they remain in a fixed position at all times for only seconds. Additionally, the scanner provides an open environment, meaning that claustrophobic feelings are eliminated. The KODAK CT Scan is an incredible tool that is minimizing the treatment time and enhancing the end results of dental surgery.
- With the addition of Cone Beam CT technology in our office, our practice is committed to providing the most innovative and high quality patient care.